Saturn Peach Ricotta Crostini
Yield 24 crostini
Saturn peach ricotta crostini – the taste of summer. You can mix them up with a selection of other canapés to serve at a drinks party, light lunch or reception.
- 2 granary part-baked baguettes
- 100ml olive oil
- 6 ripe saturn peaches
- 1 250g tub of good quality ricotta cheese
- Preheat the oven to about 190°C.
- Wet the top of the baguettes and bake for about 10-12 minutes or according to the instructions on the packet. When cooked, wrap in a clean tea towel and allow to cool.
- Slice each baguette at a slight angle into 6mm slices. You should get about 12 per baguette.
- Brush both sides of the baguette slices with olive oil; or pour the olive oil on a plate and dip each side of the bread into the oil; then place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 10 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Transfer the bread to a wire rack and allow to cool.
- Wash and dry the peaches with paper towel.
- With a sharp vegetable knife, cut thin wedges and place on a plate.
- Assemble the crostini by spreading each one with ricotta cheese and arranging three peach wedges on top.
Recipe by The Kitchen Roebuck Park at https://www.jamespritchard.com/recipes/saturn-peach-ricotta-crostini/