My friend Lisa shared this mushroom risotto recipe with me. If you can’t tell, she likes wine!
Rondelli's Mushroom Risotto
Yield 2 people
An easy supper dish. Leftovers can be made into arancini.
- Arborio Risotto rice – 2 cups (1 cup per person)
- 1 onion – chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ glass of dry white wine – plus enough to sip during the cooking process!
- 1 pint of vegetable stock
- Mushrooms – sliced – as many as you like
- Fresh parsley – chopped
- Squeeze of lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Double cream
- Put 2 tbsp of olive oil in a pan and cook chopped onion and garlic for a few minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped mushrooms and cook with onions for a further 3 mins.
- Take another sip of wine, top up glass if necessary.
- Add a cup of Arborio rice to the pan and stir to coat in olive oil.
- Add ½ glass of white wine to pan and simmer until reduced stirring all the time. Have a sip of wine to check was ok to add to mixture.
- Add a ladle of the vegetable stock to the pan at a time and allow to simmer and reduce before adding more stock.
- Keep doing until all of the stock has been reduced.
- Sip more wine.
- Stir in a splash of double cream, chopped parsley and a squeeze of lemon and serve…..with a glass of dry white wine obviously.
- Add salt and pepper if required.