A summer favourite of mine: peach berry brûlée. This recipe is a quick and easy version to make using fresh peaches, raspberries and crème fraîche. For a healthy version, you can use Greek yoghurt.
This is much lighter than crème brûlée which uses eggs and cream baked in the oven, but the combination of crème fraîche and grilled sugar yields a similar taste.
Peach Berry Brûlée
Yield 4 people
A summer favourite that is quick and easy to make with fresh peaches and raspberries.
- 225g frozen raspberries, defrosted
- 1 fresh peach, washed and sliced
- 8-10 Ratafia biscuits
- 2 x 200 ml tubs crème fraîche or Greek yoghurt
- 125-175g light brown soft sugar
- fresh mint leaves to decorate
- Arrange the raspberries and peach in the base of a 900ml (approx) soufflé dish or 4 individual ramekin dishes.
- Place the ratafia biscuits on top.
- Spoon over the crème fraîche, or Greek yoghurt, to completely seal the fruit and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Sprinkle over the sugar, and place under a preheated hot grill for 1-2 minutes until the sugar has caramelised.
- Decorate with fresh mint and serve, or put back in fridge and serve chilled.