Another Christmas favourite is sausage rolls. These delicious bite-size sausage roles are really easy to make and you can whip up a batch in half an hour.
I use ready-rolled puff pastry and sausages to save time and effort. I then open freeze them, uncooked and then package in thick freezer bags. They can be cooked from frozen in a pre-heated oven.
Easy sausage rolls
These time-saving sausage rolls are easy to make using pre-rolled puff pastry and sausages.
- 1 pack Jus Rol ready rolled puff pastry (320g)
- 6 Waitrose Essential sausages
- A little milk
- Heat the oven to 190°C.
- Take the pastry out of the fridge about 10 minutes before you start.
- Take the sausages and squeeze out the sausage meat into a bowl.
- Unwrap a roll of pastry on a board, leaving the paper underneath.
- Cut the pastry in half lengthways with a sharp knife
- With wet hands make two long sausages and place in the middle of each pastry length.
- With a pastry brush, dipped in water, paint the nearest edge of each length.
- Roll the top length over the sausage meat and roll towards the edge to seal. It needs to be quite tight but do not stretch the pastry.
- Now cut into approx 2-3cm pieces.
- Place on a light greased non-stick pan.
- Brush with milk.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for approx 20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and the sausage cooked.
- Carefully transfer the sausage rolls to a cooling rack.
- Eat while warm or store in the fridge.