Yield 4 people
This one is for chocolate lovers, chocolate soup, and goes well with black pepper ice cream.
- 250g semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- pinch of salt
- 250ml whole milk
- 250ml double cream
- In microwaveable bowl, combine finely chopped chocolate and salt.
- In another bowl, microwave oven on high power, heat milk and cream in a two-cup heatproof liquid measure just until simmering.
- Pour about one-third of this hot liquid (reserve remainder) over the chocolate.
- Allow to stand for a minute or two, then stir or whisk gently until smooth.
- Gradually stir or whisk in remaining milk/cream mixture, blending well.
- Scrape bottom and sides of bowl with rubber spatula.
- Reheat soup in microwave at medium (50%) power just until very hot.
- Divide among bowls.
- Garnish as desired; serve immediately.
Recipe by The Kitchen Roebuck Park at https://www.jamespritchard.com/recipes/chocolate-soup/