Chicken with Boursin and Parma Ham
Yield 4 people
Chicken with Boursin and Parma ham is an easy recipe and looks impressive for an informal dinner. Serve the chicken with a roasted red pepper sauce, green beans and rustic roast potatoes.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 pack of Boursin cheese with garlic and herbs
- 8 slices of Parma ham or thin bacon
- Glass dry white wine
- Using a sharp knife, for each chicken breast cut a small pocket in the largest end about an inch into the breast.
- Stuff the pocket with Boursin cheese, pushing it in with a teaspoon or your fingers.
- Season the chicken with pepper.
- Wrap each breast with parma ham making sure you cover the opening containing the Boursin stuffing.
- Place the chicken breasts in a roasting tin and chill in the refrigerator until you are ready to cook.
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and pour in the dry white wine. Next, loosely cover the roasting tin with foil, making sure the foil doesn’t touch the chicken.
- Bake in the oven until cooked, about 20-30 minutes depending on the size of the chicken breasts.
- Remove the foil about 10 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Allow to rest in a warm place for 5 minutes and serve on a pool of red pepper sauce.
Recipe by The Kitchen Roebuck Park at https://www.jamespritchard.com/recipes/chicken-boursin-parma-ham/